Friday, November 10, 2006

English/Irish Literature and Film: A week of tribute



There really is so much to say on this subject, and conveniently little else to say. I was at a loss in terms of posting. You could call it the blogger doldrums. I read the Gulf News and Khaleej Times every day, and watch a little CNN MSNBC and Fox, so I consider myself reasonably well informed. The problem, it seems, is that lately there are few things in the news that are new. Yes, of course people become hyped up about elections and wars and so forth, but these things have have been talked about enough lately. So, I said to myself, why not try something interesting to you?
All right, so this is kind of abstract. Way out of left field, old sport. Nevertheless, I am sure that English and Irish literature is a great subject. It could be posted about for several months; I will only take a week. And trust me: By the end of the week you'll be at driving to an airport near you in search of tickets to the UK or Ireland.

No comments: